Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting out

   Since I was a small girl, I always wanted to learn to crochet. I would sit and watch my mom, and I would ask her at least a few times a year to teach me. Every time, she would give me a hook and some yarn and attempt to teach me. I never got it. It wasn't until my second pregnancy, my twins, that I decided I wanted to learn for real this time. Except, instead of crochet, I wanted to try my hand at knitting. 
    Knitting and I did not get along well. It took my entire pregnancy, 36 weeks, to finish one simple scarf. That is 252 days. Really. For a scarf. So, I decided it was time to try crocheting again. And this time, I actually wanted to learn. All those other times, I wanted to do it, but just didn't have the attention for it. 
     So, at twenty-two years old, I finally learned how to crochet, and I fell in love instantly. It soothes me. It lets me be creative if I want, or structured and following a pattern. Whatever I feel like that day, I can do. 
      My hope for this blog is to share patterns that I love, items I've made, and showcase other people's work also. Hope to "see" you back!

1 comment:

  1. Please feel free to stop by my shop also.

    www.etsy.com/shop/stitchesbymegan

    ReplyDelete